Thu, Nov 30, 2017
I’ll exhibit my work “Aphysical Unmodeling Instrument” at Inter College Sonic Arts Festival(ICSAF) in 2017/12/16,17.
On that time, I’ll also do a presentation about this work, with the title “『Aphysical Unmodeling Instrument』―A sound Installation rethink about sound and music from the view of a modeling― ” (Presentation will be only in Japanese,sorry.)
Inter College Sonic Arts Festival2017&34th JSSA(Japanese Society for Sonic Arts) Regular Meeting
2017/12/16(Sat)&17(Sun) Venue：Showa University of Music （South Campus） Address：1-11-1 Asao, Kamiasao, Kawasaki, Kanagawa 215-8558 Japan Access Info：http://www.tosei-showa-music.ac.jp/english/living.html Fee Free
- 10:30〜12:00 Meeting Session1：34th JSSA Meeting
- 13:30〜14:45 Meeting Session2：34th JSSA Meeting
- 13:00〜17:00 ICSAF2017 Installation Exhibition
- 15:00〜18:00 ICSAF2017 Concert1
- 10:30~12:00 Meeting Session3：34th JSSA Meeting
- 10:00~15:00 ICSAF2017 Installation Exhibition
- 13:30~15:00 ICSAF2017 Special Talk Amimori Shohei（Composer）
- 15:30~18:00 ICSAF2017 Concert 2
Meeting Session：Session 2 12⁄16(Sat) 13:30~14:45 Session about the Installation
- 13:30~ Matsuura Tomoya, Jo Kazuhiro(Kyushu University) 『Aphysical Unmodeling Instrument』―A sound Installation rethink about sound and music from the view of a modeling― (Artist’s Note)
- 14:00~ 森崎浩由, 水野みか子(Nagoya City University) Making and Evaluation of Interactive Installation as an Entertainment (Research Paper)
『Aphysical Unmodeling Instrument』―A sound Installation rethink about sound and music from the view of a modeling― (Artist’s Note)
Matsuura Tomoya, Jo Kazuhiro(Kyushu University Graduate School of Design)
In this paper,I will explain about my work “Aphysical Unmodeling Instrument”, the motive and its structure. After that, I will compare to related works from the point of view of “Feedback” concept and consider about physical modeling as a one of the form to describe sound and music. “Aphysical Unmodeling Instrument” is a sound installation based on the physical modeling. In this work, physical modeling, which is generally used as imitate the structure or the timbre of an actual instrument in a computer, is constituted with physical objects in the actual space. I re-implemented the “Whirlwind”, which is virtual instrument by Cook et al. with acoustic resonator ,delay with acoustic wave propagation and such a physical elements. Next, I will consider about Larsen Effect which used consequently in the work from the view of Feedback and compare to other related works in a field of the composition, sound installation and the performance. Based on them, I will present a modeling itself as a one form to describe the sound and the music. In that way, building and realizing the model is compared to composition and playing the notation/score as one possibility of physical modeling outside of the computer.
「Aphysical Unmodeling Instrument」is revised version of the work in Hanarart 2017.
Please feel free to come.